Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Final blog

The presentations were yesterday! We got to present in front of judges not related to the class, and our group came up... short! We didn't get one of the two awards handed out, but overall I still think we presented a good project. Ours was the only mobile app, while everything else was a website. We also had a video in our presentation which nobody else did. Finally, I think our one-sheet was the most unique, since we made a brochure instead of a normal one-sheet. So, while we may not have won, I think we presented the most unique project.

We slipped up a couple of times while answering the judges' questions, but this was expected since it was a high stress environment. Though we said a couple of things we shouldn't have, overall our we answered our questions knowledgeably and effectively.

The two winners were Visual Scheduler and Mechanapp, and they were both excellent. Visual Scheduler, I believe, was the best idea. It had a clear and direct function with little to no competition, and as a student I know the customer base is very interested. Mechanapp had the best presentation, with a well rehearsed speaker (James Vickers) leading the show. Both of these projects were great, and my hat is off to them.

The semester has been a good one. Even though we didn't win our project was my favorite of all of them. I learned a ton about Android and developing in general, and I wouldn't do it any differently. To all my readers, this is my last blog, but thanks for checking in!

I will update if I start a new CS blog on this account.

No comments:

Post a Comment